Monday, July 2, 2012

Menu Plan Monday

I have decided to do a Menu Plan Monday series on here to focus my posts a bit.  This week I am going to talk about my general weekly menu plan that I use to offer us a variety in our dinners and also to help me focus my grocery shopping.  I used to do a more specific weekly menu plan: The Monday is Spaghetti plan from one of FLY Lady's friends The Dinner Diva.  I have varied and expanded that a bit lately.  So here it is!

Mondays: Meatless
Tuesdays: Pork or Breakfast for dinner
Wednesdays: Chicken
Thursdays: Beef
Fridays: Fish
Saturday: Pizza
Sunday: Crock Pot (for the Noon meal after church)

The hardest recipes for me are the Meatless ones.  We need lots of protein in this house and beans do not agree with us:-)

Right now I am prepping for our mega monthly shopping trip.  I am filling in these menus so I don't forget to plan anything.  I try to rotate a few simple breakfasts and snacks too.  Lunch is usually Leftovers for the adults and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the kids unless I have a leftover that I know they really enjoyed.  This month I want to plan side dishes a little better so that we are sure to get our veggies eaten.

How do you plan your meals?  Do you have a system?

No comments:

Post a Comment